Friday, October 7, 2011

Forbidden Planet and Comics Bulletin Reviews

Here's a link to the final review of issue 1, as provided by Kelvin Green at Line of Fire Reviews. It's the most positive one yet, and very welcome, as I've been following Kelvin's reviews and they are always very insightful. He knows his stuff so if he's giving us the thumbs up, we must be doing something right! :)

Also, a review from Forbidden Planet International which is not quite as glowing but still has positive things to say. It's a bit "hit and miss" the review states, but that's probably always going to be the case with an anthology comic - different strips will appeal to different people, as I've already seen with previous reviews. I could call 2000ad a "hit and miss" comic, seeing as of the 5 stories that appear each week, its very rare all five of them appeal to me. There tends to be 2 or 3 strips running at any time that I love and another two that I'm not that bothered about. So that's the nature of the beast then.

Nevertheless, all comments and crits of issue 1 have been taken on board and duly processed, in order to make sure issue 2 builds on them and improves all around. And it is looking pretty good. It will have 4 extra pages, to accomodate an additional story, a cool Atomic Call cover by series artist David Blankley and a full colour 1 page strip on the back cover by Redbats' newest captive artist BHUNA - check his work out HERE.

There will also be - wait for it - FREE GIFTS! In the form of some snazzy, exclusive artcards AND...something else, that I can't talk about just yet. But needless to say, it will make money spent on this issue VERY well spent indeed! More on that closer to the time.

In the meantime, I am happy to report sales have been good for issue 1. I only have a handful of copies left and have just about made back my printing costs, which is the icing on the cake in my book.

Keep an eye out for issue 2, in early (ish) January!

Bye-bats!

DVD, October 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment